reede, november 16, 2007

I realized that I haven't written in my blog for some time now. It doesn't matter=) It means that I'm living.

Yesterday I was thinking after translation class (oral), that studying so many different things at the same time confuses me a lot! I have French grammar, text analysis, translation, catalan, italian, .... At the same time it's interesting, but sometimes I feel a need to concentrate on one subject, be it translation or littterature or linguistics, because it seems like i know a little bit of everything, but in the end, nothing.

And my other thought from yesterday: Why people think they know everything? Why do they think they know how some things are? I mean even in science. For example in litterature or linguistics - some people have developed their theories about some things and other people believe them, follow them... But how do we know that this is the truth? Maybe in the end, nothing is as we thought that it is. I don't like doing things and believening things that other people have once thought that might be true. I want to make things MY WAY. I want to analyse texts my own way, I wanna understand litterature my own way, I wanna translate my own way. Why do I have to do it like all others are doing? I mean, of course I don't have to, but at university this is what they demand. If I want to graduate, then I have to do things like other people want me to.

My languages suck now officially. All of them that I thought I could speak- Estonian, English, French etc.

Kommentaare ei ole: